Zero Tolerance Policy towards Safety & Security of Children
The school has a very well-defined system which is fully compliant with the present laws and guidelines. The following Safety and Security measures are strictly adhered to in DPS Sector – 84 Gurugram for the well-being of all students:
School Entry Point
- Main Gate is manned by female and male security guards.
- No parent or visitor can enter the school without Escort / ID card. Visitors are also provided Visitor’s card and pass for entry.
- Entry of parents and visitors in school premises are registered.
- Frisking is done of all visitors, staff members & parents. Handbags are also checked.
- Boundary wall has barbed wire fencing.
- There is only one entry and exit to and from the school building, which is through the reception area (during school hours).
- All windows have grills.
- Conductors & Drivers are not allowed inside the school building premises.
- CCTV cameras are installed at Entry & Exit Gate, Parking Area, Corridors, Playground, Reception, Bus Parking Area, Driver’s Resting Area, and Classrooms& outside all the Bathrooms.
- All CCTV systems are monitored at four-hourly shifts by the Vigilance Officer, Safety &Security Officer & IT In-charge.
- Two CCTV monitoring screens are installed at the reception area.
- There are separate toilets for boys & girls (students).
- There are separate toilets for visitors, teachers & staff.
- Toilets for blue-collar employees are outside the school building premises.
- One female attendant is stationed outside every toilet and a lady guard checks each toilet every 15 minutes on all the floors.
- All Nursery and KG sections have their own personal nannies as well to escort children to bathroom.
- Safety & Security Officer, Vigilance Officer, Floor In-charges and teachers check bathrooms regularly during school hour (Security Officer & Vigilance Officer do not go inside the bathrooms, only female teachers, guards and housekeeping are allowed to check the bathrooms).
- School has duly appointed designated Safety & Security Officer, Vigilance Officer, Transport-in-charge for the safety of children.
- Good and Bad touch video is shown on a weekly basis.
- Teachers sign the register kept in the computer lab to maintain record.
- Counselling related to other safety measures is also done by class teachers. Buddy system is implemented and strictly followed in all classes. Safe Circle Activity is also being done.
- Steps for Police verification and medical check-up of blue-collar employees and teaching and non-teaching staff have been done.
- Evacuation plan has been put up on all floors.
- The school medical infirmary is well equipped to handle all first aid situations. A qualified nurse is present in the infirmary from 7.30 am to 3 pm on all working days.
- The school has a tie-up with Rockland Hospital for medical emergencies. Further, an ambulance is stationed at school so that immediate and necessary action can be taken if needed.
- The School Counsellor has taken a workshop on POCSO Act with blue-collar employees and teachers. This will be an ongoing process.
- Suggestion / Complaint boxes have been installed on all floors.
- Teachers attended a workshop on Disaster Management & Emergency Preparedness conducted by Momentum India. This will be conducted annually.
- Evacuation &Mock Drills are conducted in the school regularly and the information for the same is mentioned in our newsletters and website.
- Fire drills are conducted for teaching, non-teaching and Class IV employees on a regular basis in the presence of local police and fire authorities.
- There is a School Safety Committee (SSC) which meets every fortnight to review safety & security measures. The SSC includes two parent representatives. The list of members of the SSC is available on the school website under Beyond Academics.
- The School strictly follows the safety & security statutory guidelines as prescribed by various authorities.
- The buses are well equipped with CCTV camera and GPS system which is duly monitored by the Transport-in charge.
- Buses are installed with speed governors to avoid over-speeding and to maintain the prescribed speed limit.
- Bus teachers ensure that engines are switched off while boarding and de-boarding and have been instructed to report in case the given guidelines are not followed.
- Basic First Aid Box is kept in all buses.
- The attendance of the students travelling by bus is taken thrice, once in the morning when the children board the bus, second time in the bus room and third when they board the bus in the afternoon.
- Nannies and teachers are present in all bus routes till the last stop.
- Students are not handed over to parents/guardians from school or bus stops without escort cards.
- Private van drivers are not allowed inside the school premises. Students going by van are escorted to the main gate by teachers.
- Security & Safety Officer as well as Vigilance Officer apart from taking rounds are also present at the reception area during dispersal. Arrival and dispersal happen from the reception. During dispersal, parents wait outside while the nannies take escort cards from them and students are then escorted to their parents.
The School has got all its compliances audited by a third-party agencies, to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, CBSE rules and regulations, Directorate of Education guidelines, Supreme Court guidelines and other relevant notifications. With immense pleasure, we would like to state that the audit report has found that the school is in full compliance and no deviation has been reported. The School was found to be compliant with all the above said laws, regulations and guidelines. In fact, the school has been found to be following the highest standards of security and safety of its students, over & above the norms set by authorities.
The complete Audit Report is available at the School Office.
The Audit Report has also been sent to the DEO Gurugram Office and Dy. Commissioner, Gurugram Office on the 29th of November, 2017.
School Safety & Security Committee
Lt Cdr (Retd) Vijay Chaudhary
Ph: +91 9650543336
Ph: +91 7428394171
Mr. Yash Pasricha
Ph: +91 8800015615
Mukesh Kumar Meena
Ph: +91 7428394172
Mr. Mani Ram
Ph: +91 8851908673
Mr. Ashok Kumar
Ph: +91 8800015611
Ms. Divya Chaabra
Ph: +91 8800173555
Mr. Narender Kumar
Ph: +91 7428394160
Mr. Vishesh Nargotra
Ph: +91 9810957299
Dr. Venus Mishra
Ph: +91 9212156454
Mr. Shah Amber
Ph: +91 9910004219
Ms. Charu Yadav
Ms. Rashmi Lal
Ms. Meenal Verma
Ms. Purnima Dar
Ms. Neha Pathak
Ph: +91 8800173555