Safety & Security
The school has a very well-defined security system, which is fully compliant with the present laws and guidelines. The following Safety and Security measures are strictly adhered to in DPS Sector – 84 Gurugram for the well-being of all students:
School Entry Point
- There are male and female security guards at the main gate.
- No parent or visitor can enter the school without Escort / ID card. Visitors are also provided Visitor’s card and pass for entry.
- Entry of parents and visitors in school premises are registered.
- A security check of all visitors, staff members and parents is carried out.
- Boundary wall has barbed wire fencing.
- There is only one entry and exit to and from the school building, which is through the reception area.
- All windows have grills.
- Conductors & Drivers are not allowed inside the school building premises.
- CCTV cameras are installed at entry & exit Gates, Parking Area, Corridors, Playground, Reception, Bus Parking Area, Driver’s Resting Area, and Classrooms & outside all the Bathrooms.
- All CCTV systems are monitored at four-hourly shifts by the Vigilance Officer, the Safety & Security Officer and the IT In-charge.
- Two CCTV monitoring screens are installed at the reception area.
- There are separate toilets for boys & girls (students).
- There are separate toilets for visitors, teachers & staff.
- Toilets for blue-collar employees are outside the school building premises.
- One female attendant is stationed outside every toilet and a female guard checks each toilet every 15 minutes on all the floors.
- Additionally, all Nursery and KG sections have their own personal female support staff to escort children to the toilet.
- The Safety & Security Officer, the Vigilance Officer, Floor In-charges and teachers check bathrooms regularly during school hours (Security Officer & Vigilance Officer do not go inside the toilets, only female teachers, guards and housekeeping are allowed to check the toilets).
- The school has appointed a Safety & Security Officer, a vigilance officer and a transport -in-charge for the safety of the children.
- The Good touch and Bad touch video is shown on a weekly basis.
- Counseling related to other safety measures is also done by class teachers.
- Steps for Police verification and medical check-up of blue-collar employees and teaching and non-teaching staff have been done.
- Evacuation plan has been put up on all floors.
- The school medical infirmary is well equipped to handle all first aid situations. A qualified nurse is present in the infirmary from 7:30 am to 3 pm on all working days.
- The school has a tie-up with Rockland Hospital for medical emergencies. Further, an ambulance is stationed at school so that immediate and necessary action can be taken if needed.
- The School Counselor has taken a workshop on Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act with blue-collar employees and teachers. This will be an ongoing process.
- Each staff member is assessed through a psychometric test.
- Suggestion boxes have been installed on all floors.
- The buses are well equipped with CCTV cameras and a GPS system, which is duly monitored by the transport-in charge.
- Buses are installed with speed governors to avoid over-speeding and to maintain the prescribed speed limit.
- Bus teachers ensure that engines are switched off while boarding and de-boarding and have been instructed to report in case the given guidelines are not followed.
- A basic first-aid box is kept in all buses.
- The attendance of the students travelling by bus is taken thrice, once in the morning when the children board the bus, second time in the bus room and third when they board the bus in the afternoon.
- Support staff and teachers are present in all bus routes till the last stop.
- Students are not handed over to parents/guardians from the school or the bus stops without escort cards.
- Private van drivers are not allowed inside the school premises. Students going by van are escorted to the main gate by teachers.
- A safety and security officer as well as a vigilance officer, not only take routine rounds of the school premises, but are also present at the reception are during dispersal.
The school has made efforts to ensure that all its compliances are audited by third party agencies such that it is in accordance with all applicable laws, CBSE rules and regulations, Directorate of Education guidelines, Supreme Court guidelines and other relevant notifications. Furthermore, the audit established that the school is following the highest standards of safety and security, going far beyond the norms set by the authorities. The complete Audit Report is available at the School Office.
The Audit Report has also been sent to the DEO Gurugram Office and Dy. Commissioner, Gurugram Office on the 29th of November, 2017.
School Safety & Security Committee
Lt Cdr (Retd) Vijay Chaudhary
Ph: +91 9650543336
Ms. Sreelekha Sarcar
Ph: +91 7428394171
Mr. Yash Pasricha
Ph: +91 8800015615
Mukesh Kumar Meena
Ph: +91 7428394172
Mr. Mani Ram
Ph: +91 8851908673
Mr. Ashok Kumar
Ph: +91 8800015611
Mr. Narender Kumar
Ph: +91 7428394160
Mr. Vishesh Nargotra
Ph: +91 9810957299
Dr. Venus Mishra
Ph: +91 9212156454
Mr. Shah Amber
Ph: +91 9910004219
Ms. Charu Yadav
Ms. Rashmi Lal
Ms. Meenal Verma
Ms. Purnima Dar
Ms. Neha Pathak
Ph: +91 8800173555