1. What is the student teacher ratio?
2. What board do you follow?
C.B.S.E – Central Board of Secondary Education.
3. What is the process of evaluating the academic performance of the children?
There is no formal assessment till Grade – 2. The ongoing evaluation system focuses on application, understanding, and effort to ensure that the children develop higher-order thinking skills. Grades 3 and 4 have unit tests spread over the year with other formative assessments. Grade 5 onwards unit tests and term exams follow the CBSE pattern.
4. How often do you have Parent Teacher Meetings?
Parent-Teacher meetings are held once in every quarter. Parents can meet the Principal with prior appointment to discuss any concerns they may have. Walk-in times can be scheduled once a month in case the parent wants to meet the teachers to discuss their child’s progress in school.
5. What are the various co-curricular activities for students in DPS 84?
At DPS 84, we offer many extracurricular activities such as basketball, soccer, cricket, table tennis, karate/judo, yoga, theatre, chess, skating, as well as a splash pool for the younger children.
6. Do the children go for Inter School Competitions?
7. How many food breaks are here?
8. Do you organize any educational visits for students?
We organize educational visits for our students on a regular basis. Age and subject- appropriate trips are meticulously planned by the school. These visits form an integral part of the teaching-learning process. They supplement curriculum through interaction with the outside world. We tailor each visit to make it developmentally appropriate and intellectually stimulating.
Till Grade V, these trips are day trips, while from Grade VI and above the children are taken on overnight visits as well.
9. Do you provide School transport?
Yes, we provide school transport within the school’s radius. The buses and vans are air conditioned and there is one female helper and a guard in each bus to ensure the children’s safety. At least one faculty member always accompanies the children in the bus.
10. How is the safety of the child ensured at DPS 84?
11. Are school Buses Air Conditioned?
12. Are the classrooms air-conditioned?
13. What are the medical facilities provided at DPS 84?
- Healthcare facilities are available in the school medical room, which functions under the guidance of a full-time doctor and nurse. The medical room is fully equipped to give first aid in case of any emergency. The health center of the school organizes regular medical checkups for staff and students. Regular checkups maximize our chances of remaining in good health for years to come. It also organizes awareness camps on various health problems.
To name a few camps we have-
- General Health Check-up camp
- ENT (Ear Nose Throat) check-up
- Eye check-up
- Dental check-up
- Anaemia detection
14. How does the school share news and information with parents with regard to bus timings, school timing and other updates?
15. How will the child reach the school bus at the time of dispersal? How is it ensured that the child is handed over to the right person at the time of de-boarding?
Bus-log books are maintained and are updated on a daily basis. The teacher escorts the children to ensure that each child boards the right bus. The school issues a photo ID of the person who picks up the child at the bus stop to ensure that the children are handed over to their caretakers.